room without books
Is as a body without a soul”
| CV | Work
| Personal | Reference
| Photographs | My Websites
Ten Facts about me:
- I have three children and a long-suffering wife.
- I did my teacher training in County Durham, have taught
mostly in Cambridgeshire but also in Sweden and Australia
- My favourite pastime is enjoying bacon and eggs with
strong coffee while reading the papers on a Sunday morning, then pottering
about the garden. I love reading - papers, magazines, fiction, non-fiction
it's always a pleasure.
- I also like to go walking with friends. See Four
Blokes Who Walk. I'm also aiming to walk in every traditional county of the UK - which should keep me busy until my knees give way ....
- In the summer I help to organise The
Shelford Festival & Feast which raises money for good causes
and entertains the good people of Shelford.
- I have an ongoing hobby of genealogy. My mother's
side is Appleby and my father's (surprise!)
- My pets are my happy hens and my lazy cat.
- I love to travel and to record my trips with a camera
and a journal. Photos are in need of re-publishing now that the excellent Photoshop Gallery has closed. A retirement activity, I think ...
- I like chopping wood for my wood burning stove; it
keeps me warm every way - loading and unloading, stacking, cutting,
splitting and burning; a wood-burning stove is a pleasure.
- I have a narrow boat called Patience - whose adventures are recorded in my blog Patience Afloat .