- Learning Consultant
writer, web designer and trainer specialising in education and online
learning, Duncan Grey is available to write, speak or give In-Service
Training for teachers on Information Literacy, the Internet in schools,
School Resources Centres, Flexible Learning, Personal and e-Learning.
e-mail email@example.com or tel 01223
Senior Teacher, Head of Learning Resources, teacher of English and
linguistics, Webmanager at Hinchingbrooke School, Huntingdon UK
an educational consultancy including in-service training,
resources design and website management.
Recent Training given (selected list)
- "Implementing Information Literacy In Your
School" Lancashire branch of the School Library Association
- "Working with teachers on the information literacy curriculum,"
for School Library Association
- "Planning for variety in teaching and learning,"
for Filton College, Bristol (March 2006)
- "Using Information Skills to Improve your
Learning Resources Centre" for the Lighthouse
training organisation 2002-5
- "English and ICT" for the Cambridgeshire
Partnership Graduate Training Programme.
- "Information Literacy in the Resources
Centre" School Libraries Association Annual Conference
- "Information Literacy in your school"
for Tower Hamlets LEA
- Writing a regular "How To" column
in the Times Educational Supplement (2007-8)
- Consultant for BECTA on information literacy (Autumn 2008)
- Writing for SfE, BECTA and NATE on English and
- 2003 - present, freelance education consultant,
trainer and writer; Portal Manager, Cambridgeshire Education
- Consortium steering committee & school coordinator,
E2B Broadband project
- Training on School Learning Resources Centres
for the SFE training organisation (1998-2002)
- Wrote The
Internet in School (two editions1998-2001, Continuum)
- School coordinator for Comenius European project.
- Education Advisor for AngliaCampus
- Part of the Schools
Online Project 1995-97
- 1995-2003 School Webmaster. First UK Secondary
School on The Web, 1.2.95.
- 1992-94 Coordinator for Huntingdonshire TVEI
Consortium, responsible for Flexible Learning
- "The Newspaper File" with Alysoun
Hayhoe Cambridge University Press 1991
- 1988-89 On Teacher Exchange to Whitefriars College,
- 1983-2003 variously Head of Lower School English,
Deputy Head of English, Head of Learning Resources, INSET Coordinator
etc, Hinchingbrooke School, Huntingdon.
- 1976-83 English Teacher at Netherhall School,
- 1975-76 English teacher with Kursverksamheten
in Fagersta, Sweden, teaching adults English as a foreign language.
- 1971-75 Bede College, Durham University. Bachelor
of Education 1975.